Oil pollution and oil biodegradation in the inner part of Kandalaksha Bay and adjacent areas.
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1992 -
- Data collection
- 1991 - 1992
- Data processing
- 1992 - 2000
- Data reporting
- 1992 - 2001
- Regions studied
- Marine TDC
- Marine TDC
- Other areas
- Kandalaksha Bay, Inner part, Kandalaksha City marine area
- Stations or areas where observations are made
St. 40. Lat. 67o07'07", Long. 32o19'03"
St. 27. Lat. 67o05'08", Long. 32o34'04"
St. Kol. Lat. 67o04'30", Long. 32o51'08"
St. Luv. Lat. 67o05'58", Long. 32o41'30"
St. Kan. Lat. 67o07'00", Long. 32o16'40"
St. 3. Lat. 67o05'50", Long. 32o20'30"
St. 12. Lat. 67o03'90", Long. 32o19'60"
St. 32. Lat. 67o06'60", Long. 32o26'00"
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
Dates: water temperature; hydrocarbon concentration (IK-spectroscopy)in water, sediments and ice;
salinity, phosphate, silicate and nitrate concentrations in water;
hydrocarbon-oxidizing activity of bacterioplankton;
Dates may be partly available after agreement with authors.
References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
Heterotrophic bacterioplankton: ecology and role in environmental self-purification processes from oil pollution. Thesis of D.Sc.dissertation, Moscow St. Lomonosov Univ., 2000. 53 pp.
Rapid radionuclide determination of activity of microorganisms in natural water. Microbiology, 1994, Vol. 63, No. 5, p. 520-523 (1995 Plenum Publishing Corporation, N.Y.)
Complex estimation of oil pollution in the inner part of Kandalaksha Bay and oil biodegradation effects during summer time. Problems of research, rational using and protection of White Sea natural resources.Proceed. of 5 regional conf., Petrozavodsk, 1992. P. 65 - 67.
DISTRIBUTION AND ACTIVITY OF HYDROCARBON-OXIDIZING BACTERIA IN CENTRAL POLAR BASIN, KARA AND WHITE SEAS.
V.V.Il’inskii, M.N.Semenenko* 2000.
19 pp. in press.
- Data centres
- Marine TDC
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
- Specimen banking information
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Hydrocarbon-oxidizing activity in water samples were measure at in situ temperature with using 14C-hydrocarbons one hour after sampling; hydrochemical parameters were measured with using standart methods; samples of sediments were analysed one month after expedition, this samples were conservate with freezing; extraction of hydrocarbons from water samples produced one hour after sampling with using CCl4.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?
White Sea Foundation, which now absent.
- Other related projects