In the Arctic the warming climate is expected to increase the meltning of glaciers, reducing the permafrost and increase the biologial activities. This may have consequences for the transportations of Hg from the terrestrcal ecosystems to the marine coastal areas. The project will investigate the influence of warming climate on the transportation of Hg to marine cooastal areas.
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 2009 - 2011
- Data collection
- 2009 - 2010
- Data processing
- 2010 - 2011
- Data reporting
- 2011 - 2011
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- If the porject turns into monitorings proposed, data will be stored to a TDC
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Sampling of river waters, filtrations, anaysing of THg
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?