Ecology of bacterioplankton and bacterioneuston in the polar seas, distribution, number, in situ heterotrophic activity, involvement in natural purification processes from oil pollution.
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1983 -
- Data collection
- 1983 - 1992
- Data processing
- 1984 - 2000
- Data reporting
- 1985 - 2000
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Word 97
Hydrochemical and microbiological parameters, hydrocarbon concentrations in water and sediments.
The dates are partly available after agreement with owners.
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- 1. Il'inskii V.V. 2000. Heterotrophic bacterioplankton: ecology and role in the natural purification processes from oil pollution. 2000. Thesis of D.Sc. dissertation, 53 pp.
2. Il'inskii V.V. 2000. Hydrocarbon-oxidizing bacteria in the coastal waters of antarctic island King George: number and activity from February to March // Water organisms and ecosystem. Proc. scientific conference. Moscow, Dialog-MSU Publish-ing house. P. 28.
3. Il'inskii V.V. Bacterioplankton of coastal and offshore waters of Ardly Bay and adjacent areas (King George Island, Antarctica): composition and number dynamic from March to October // Problems of microbial ecology and physiology. Proc. of scientific conference. Moscow, Dialog-MSU Publishing House. P. 63.
4. Il'inskii V.V., Komarova T.I., Koronelli T.V., Lisichkin G.V., Serdan A.A. 1998. Sorbent for elimination of oil products from the water surface // InCom'98. International Symposium on instrumentalized analytical chemistry and computer technol-ogy. Dusseldorf (Germany, 1998). P. 323.
5. Il'inskii V.V., Porshneva O.V., Semenenko M.N. 1998. Hydrocarbon-oxidizing microorganisms in coastal and open waters of the Mozhaiskoe Reservoir: activity and contribution to the processes of natural purification in summer. Vodnye Re-sursy, Vol. 25, No 3, pp. 335-338.
6. Il'inskii V.V., Porshneva O.V., Komarova T.I., Koronelli T.V. 1998 The effect of petroleum hydrocarbons on the hydrocarbonoxidizing bacteriocenosis in the southern part of Mozhaiskoe water storage basin. Microbiologiya, Vol. 67, No 2, pp. 267-273.
7. Koronelli T.V., Komarova T.I., Il'inskii V.V., Kuzmin Y.I., Kirsanov N.B., Janenko A.C. 1997. Introduction of bacteria of the genus Rhodococcus into oil-contaminated tundra soil. Prikladnaya Biohimiya i Microbiologiya, Vol. 33, No 2, pp. 198-201.
8. Il'inskii V.V. Bacterio- and phytoplankton dynamic in relation with environmental parameters in Ardley Bay, King George Island, Antarctica (a long time natural ob-servations). 31-st European Marine Biology Symposium Programme and Ab-stracts. St. Petersburg, 1996. P. 55.
9. Belyaeva A.N., Gorshkov A.N., Shelagina I.A., Il'inskii V.V. 1996. Origin and composition of alkanes in snow, ice and sea water in the vicinity of King George Is-land. Oceanologia, vol. 36, No 3, pp. 394-400.
10. Il'inskii V.V. 1995. Bacterioplankton of the surface water layer in the Central Arctic region in spring. Microbiologiya, Vol. 64, No 5, pp. 696-704.
11. Il'inskii V.V., Semenenko M.N. 1994. Accelerated radioisotopic method for the ac-tivity of microorganisms measurement in natural waters. Microbiologyia, Vol. 63, No 5, pp. 924-928.
12. Koronelli T.V., Dermicheva S.G., Il'inskii V.V., Komarova T.I., Porshneva O.V. 1994. The taxonomic structure of hydrocarbon-oxidizing bacteriocenoses of water ecosystems in various climatic zones. Microbiologiya, Vol. 63, No 5, pp. 917-923.
13. Koronelli T.V., Komarova T.I., Yuferova S.G., Il'inskii V.V., Chivkunova O.B. 1993. Polar lipids of hydrocarbon-oxidizing bacteria. Microbiologiya, 1993, Vol. 62. No 2, pp. 231-237.
14. Koronelli T.V., Il'inskii V.V., Semenenko M.N. 1993. Oil pollution and marine eco-systems stability. Ecologiya (Vladivostok), No. 4, pp. 78-81.
15. Il'inskii V.V., Izmailov V.V. 1992. Self-purification processes of arctic water and ice from oil pollution and role of microorganisms: all year cycle of the natural obser-vations. Trudi Gosudarstvennogo Okeanograficheskogo Instituta, Vol. 23, pp. 91-101.
16. Maksimov V.N., Il'inskaiya G.K., Il'inskii V.V. 1992. Estimation of oil pollution ef-fect on the pelagic ecosystem ecosystem of Baltic Sea near port Klaipeda with using of multivariate analyses methods. Trudi Gosudarstvennogo Okeanogra-ficheskogo Instituta, Vol. 23, pp. 78-91.
17. Il'inskii V.V., Semenenko M.N., Yuferova S.G., Troshina N.N., Koronelli T.V. 1991. Nitrogen-phosphate fertilizer for a stimulation of petroleum degradation in sea water. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta, Ser. 16, Biology, No 2, pp. 63-67.
18. Koronelli T.V., Il'inskii V.V., Janushka V.A. and other (collective monograh). 1990. Tanker "Globe Asimi" wreck in port Klaipeda and its ecological consiquences/Ed. Simonov A.I. Gidrometeoizdat publishing house. 232 pp.
19. Koronelli T.V., Il'inskii V.V., Dermicheva S.G., Komarova T.I., Belyayeva A.N., Filippova Z.O., Rozynov B.V. 1989. Hydrocarbon-oxidizing arctic microorganisms. Izvestiya Russian Academy of Science, No. 4, pp.581-587.
20. Il'inskii V.V., Myatlev V.D., Koronelli T.V. 1988. Effect of hydrochemical parame-ters on microbial communities of Baltic Sea in relation with oil (mazut) pollution. Ocean Biology, Moscow Society of Naturalists. Moscow, Nauka publishing house, pp. 72-85.
21. Koronelli T.V., Il'inskii V.V., Yanushka V.A., Krasnikova T.I. 1987. Hydrocarbon-oxidizing microflora from the water of the Baltic Sea and the Kurshsky Bay pol-luted by mazut upon oil tanker wreck. Microbiologiya, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 472-478.
22. Gorochov V.K., Yanushka V.A., Il'inskii V.V., Koronelli T.V. 1985. Effect of natural zeolites on oxydation of diesel fuel by bacteria Rhodococcus erythropolis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta, Ser. 16. Biology. No. 4, pp. 20-24.
23. Koronelli T.V., Il'inskii V.V. 1984. About the enumeration of hydrocarbon-oxidizing bacteria in seawater by MPN method. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta, Ser. 16. Biology. No. 3, pp. 54-56.
24. Il'inskii V.V., Gusev M.V., Koronelli T.V., Ignatchenko A.V. 1983.Bacterioplankton and bacterioneustone in some regions of the north-western part of the Pacific Ocean. Izvestiya Russian Academy of Science. Biological series. No. 1, pp. 70-79.
25. Gusev M.V., Koronelli T.V., Linkova M.A., Il'inskii V.V. 1982. The Effect of excrea-tions and cells biomass of cyanobacteria on hydrocarbon-oxidizing mycobacteria. Microbiologiya, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 152-155.
26. Il'inskii V.V. 1981. Silica gel medium for selection and account of hydrocarbonoxi-dizing bacteria. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta, Ser. 16. Biology. No. 2, pp. 53-55.
27. Gusev M.V., Koronelli T.V., Linkova M.A., Il'inskii V.V. 1981. A study of the as-sotiation of a cyanobacterium under the conditions of oil pollution, using the technique of complete factor experiment. Microbiologiya, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 1092-1987.
28. Gusev M.V., Koronelli T.V., Maksimov V.N., Il'inskii V.V., Zaharov V.T. 1980. Mi-crobiological oxidation of diesel fuel study with using the technique of complete factor experiment. Microbiologiya, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 25-29.
29. Il'inskii VV. Ecology of hydrocarbonoxidizing marine bacteria. 1979. Thesis of Ph. D., Moscow State Lomonosov University, Moscow. 25 pp.
30. Il'inskii V.V., Gusev M.V., Koronelli T.V. 1979. Hydrocarbon-oxidizing microflora of noncontaminated sea waters. Microbiologiya, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 346-349.
31. Il'inskii V.V. 1979. A screen for sterile water sampling from the surface microlayer. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta. Ser. Biology, Soil Science, No. 3, pp. 64-66.
Patent (in collaboration with Koronelli T.V., Arakeliyan E., Komarova T.I.). Method for soil cleaning from oil pollution. Patent N 2019527, (19) RU (11) 2019527(13) C 1 (51) CO2F 3/34, EO2B 15/04, CO9K/17/00. Priority 30.04.1993, Registration date 15.09.1994 (Russian Federation)
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
- Specimen banking information
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Basic microbiological methods for field's works:
aseptic water sampling from the surface microlayer (with using original screen) and underlaying water (Zoobell sampler);
aseptic water and ice sampling directly from the ice cover with using Morev's drill;
epifluorescence microscopy with DAPI or acridine orange for total bacteria count;
viable count on solid and liquid nutrient media for eutrophic, oligotrophic and hydrocarbonoxidizing bacteria;
heterotrophic activity with using labeled organic substrates and hydrocarbonoxidizing activity with using labeled hydrocarbons on the base of modifed methods;
floating tubes technics for styding oil biodegradation in situ directly in water body.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Arctic and Antarctic Research Institure (St. Petersburg), Institute of Oceanography (Moscow), Shirshov's Institute of Oceanology (Moscow).
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?