National Environmental Monitoring Programme in Sweden.
Measurements of persistant organic pollutants in the air and depositions are carried out at Råö, Vavihill, Aspvreten, and in Pallas (North Finland). The monitoring programme includes measurements of: polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB), some pesticides (HCH, DDT) and polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDE).
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1995 - 2099
- Data collection
- 1996 - 2010
- Data processing
- 1996 - 2010
- Data reporting
- 1996 - 2010
- Regions studied
- Arctic, Circumpolar
- Stations or areas where observations are made
Pallas (North of Finland: lat: 67.967N,Long: 24.117) in AMAP area - untill March, 2004.
Sweden: Aspvreten (Lat: 58.801, Long:17.382), and Råö (La: 57.3937, Long: 11.9142), Rörvik (Lat: 57.414, Long: 11.935.
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Results are available directly from IVL's website(http://www3.ivl.se/miljo/db/IVL_luft_registersida.htm.), in Swedish
Specified data can be requested by mail to email@example.com.
For more information contact direct to
Eva Brorström-Lundén, Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL), Box 47086, 402 58 Göteborg, Sweden, www.ivl.se. Phone:+46 31 725 6230; fax: +46 31 48 2180; e-mail: Eva.BL@ivl.se, and also to Katarina Hansson, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting and data are also available on Swedish EPA homepage:
(http://www.naturvardsverket.se/sv/Tillstandet-i-miljon/Miljoovervakning/Miljoovervakningsdata/) and (http://gpt.vic-metria.nu/GeoPortal/#/searchHuvudPortalMenu)
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Reports are on IVLs website: http://www.ivl.se/english/ivlstartpage/topmenu/reportspublications/downloadreport.4.360a0d56117c51a2d30800063742.html.
More data can be requested by mail to email@example.com
and on Swedish EPA homepage:
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
All analyses are performed at the accredited laboratory at IVL according to CLTRAP-EMEP's recommendations.
Data format, quality and methods are linked to the IVL.s website: http://www3.ivl.se/miljo/db/IVL_luft_registersida.htm
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Finnish Meteorolocal Institute (FMI);
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?
The data are reported to EU (CLRTAP)and European Monitoring and Evaluation Programme (EMEP).