National Environmental Monitoring in Sweden. Monitoring of persistent organic compounds (POP) in fish. Monitoring proceeds in 110 lakes in entire Sweden (10 lakes are located in AMAP area) annually. Three fish species are selected: Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus), Northern pike (Esox lucius), and Perch (Perca fluviatilis). Fish are sampled, prepared, and stored in the specimen bank in Swedish Museum of Natural History. POP like PCB, HCH, HCB, DDT, PBDE are analysed.
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1981 - 2099
- Data collection
- 1981 - 2010
- Data processing
- 1981 - 2010
- Data reporting
- 1981 - 2010
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data are available on the webside of Swedish Environmental Research Institutes (IVL): http://www.ivl.se/vanstermeny/miljodatadatavardskap/datavardskapbiota/biotadatabas.4.360a0d56117c51a2d30800064287.html; and directly from Eva Brorström-Lundén, Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Box 47086, 402 58 Göteborg, tel: +46 31 725 62 30, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Samplings data are available on Swedish Museum of Natural History (NRM) webpage: http://www.nrm.se/en/menu/researchandcollections/departments/contaminantresearch/environmentalmonitoring/thefreshwaterprogramme.934_en.html.
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Comments Concerning the National Swedish Monitoring Programme in Fresh Water Biota. Compiled by Anders Bignert Contaminant Research Group
Swedish Museum of Natural History, 2002-10-25.
See also Swedish EPA webside: http://www.naturvardsverket.se/sv/Tillstandet-i-miljon/Miljoovervakning/Miljoovervakningsdata/; Swedish Museum of Natural History webside: http://www.nrm.se/en/menu/researchandcollections/departments/contaminantresearch/environmentalmonitoring/thefreshwaterprogramme.934_en.html, Sidan senast uppdaterad: 2009-09-22
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
- Specimen banking information
Swedish Museum of Natural History (NRM), Dept, of Contaminant Research
PO Box 50007
SE 104 05 Stockholm,
Phone: +468 51954111
and on the webside: http://www.nrm.se/en/menu/researchandcollections/departments/contaminantresearch/environmentalspecimenbank.937_en.html;
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Environmental Specimen Bank's (ESB) methods are available on NRM website: http://www.nrm.se/en/menu/researchandcollections/departments/contaminantresearch/environmentalspecimenbank.937_en.html
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL), Box 47086, 402 58 Göteborg;
Swedish Board of Fisheries (Fiskeriverket)
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?