Analysis of cultural change and adapatation in northern Sweden using archaeological, paleobotanical, paleoentomological and soil chemical data. Involves 14 regional studies througout northern Sweden from 60 - 66 degrees north latitude.
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 2001 - 2004
- Data collection
- 2001 - 2002
- Data processing
- 2003 - 2004
- Data reporting
- 2001 - 2004
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data stored at environmental archaeology lab, Dept of Archaeology and Saami Studies, University of Umea, 901 87 Umea
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Publications of University of Umea, Stockholm and Lund and peer reviewed journals
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
- Specimen banking information
botanical, insects, soild, bones
environmental archaeology laboratory, Umea
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Standard archaeological sampling and analysis, environmental archaeology lab., university of Umea
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
University of Stockholm, University of Lund
- Indigenous AND traditional knowledge used in this project
Regular department affiliation