Tornio River has endemic salmon and sea trout populations. Their monitoring is based on international obligations to secure biodiversity. The project comprises of long term data of the species’ juvenile production and amounts of migrant individuals.
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1996 -
- Data collection
- 1996 -
- Data processing
- 1996 -
- Data reporting
- not specified
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data is stored by Finnish Game and Fisheries Institute (RKTL).
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Vähä, V., Romakkaniemi, A., Ankkuriniemi, M., Pulkkinen, K. & Keinänen, M. 2010. Lohi- ja meritaimenkantojen seuranta Tornionjoen vesistössä 2010. Riista ja kalatalous - selvityksiä. 3/2011. Abstract in English.
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
- Catch statistics: public survey
- Densities of juvenile fish: electrofishing
- Catch samples from fishers
- Reproduction: fyke sampling
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
The Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management
Box 11930, SE-404 39 Göteborg, Sweden
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?
Working Group on Baltic Salmon and Trout
International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)
H. C. Andersens Boulevard 44-46
Finnish-Swedish Frontier Rivers Commission
Box 125 SE-953 23 Haparanda
- Other related projects
Fish catch monitoring in Lake Inarijärvi