Runoff, precipitation, snow water equivalent and frost depth are measured from catchment areas of 0.07-122 km² in area. Water quality, suspended solids and nutrient load is also monitored in part of the areas. The aim is to produce long-term data series for research with special focus on the effects of land on runoff and water quality. Project is managed by Finnish Environmental Institute (SYKE).
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1958 -
- Data collection
- 1958 -
- Data processing
- 1958 -
- Data reporting
- not specified
- Regions studied
- Stations or areas where observations are made
35 measurement sites across the country, 14 sites include suspended solids and nutrient measurements.
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data stored by Finnish Environmental Institute (SYKE).
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
-runoff: measuring weir.
-water quality: automatic station/water sample.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Lapland Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment
- Other related projects
Hydrological monitoring, Hydrogeological monitoring, Hydrometeorological monitoring.