National Environmental Monitoring Programme in Sweden.
The objective of the project is to follow time trends of available metals in vegetation and reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) in Lapland, Sweden. Analysed metals in liver and muscle samples are: Al, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Mg, Mn, Ni,Hg, Pb, Zn.
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1983 - 2099
- Data collection
- 1983 - 2008
- Data processing
- 1983 - 2008
- Data reporting
- 1983 - 2005
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data and data format describing are available on Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL) website (http://www3.ivl.se/miljo/db/IVL_biota_registersida.htm), and on Swedish EPA website: (http://www.naturvardsverket.se/en/Start/Tillstandet-i-miljon/Miljoovervakning/Programomraden/Fjall/Miljogifter-i-biota--fjall/) . Contact also: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Time trends of metals in liver and muscle of reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) from northern and central Lappland, Sweden 1983-2005. Swedish Museum of Natural History - Contaminant Research Group, 2006.
Reports are available on NRM website (http://www.nrm.se/en/menu/researchandcollections/departments/contaminantresearch/environmentalmonitoring/theterrestrialprogramme.935_en.html) and on Swedish EPA website (http://www.naturvardsverket.se/sv/Tillstandet-i-miljon/Miljoovervakning/Rapporter-och-nyhetsbrev/Rapporter---Fjall/)
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
- Specimen banking information
Informations about specimen banking are on NRM ESB website: (http://www.nrm.se/en/menu/researchandcollections/departments/contaminantresearch/environmentalspecimenbank.937_en.html) For more information contact:
Museum of Natural History
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Procedures and methodology are available on Swedish EPA website: http://www.naturvardsverket.se/upload/02_tillstandet_i_miljon/Miljoovervakning/undersokn_typ/fjall/pop_ren.pdf
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL), Swedish EPA,
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?