Monitoring follows groundwater level and quality as well as changes in soil humidity and frost depth in winter.
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1970 -
- Data collection
- 1975 -
- Data processing
- not specified
- Data reporting
- not specified
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Finnish Environment Institute
Environmental Data System/ Hydrological database
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Monthly hydrological reports online: http://www.ymparisto.fi/default.asp?contentid=422340&lan=en&clan=en.
Soveri, J. Mäkinen, R. & Peltonen, K. 2001. Pohjaveden korkeuden ja laadun vaihteluista Suomessa 1975-1999. Suomen ympäristökeskus, Helsinki. Suomen ympäristö 420, 382 s. ISBN: 952-11-0746-4. (In Finnish.)
Korhonen, J. & Haavanlammi, E. (eds.) Hydrological Yearbook 2006–2010. Suomen ympäristö 8/2012, Luonnonvarat, 234 s. http://www.ymparisto.fi/download.asp?contentid=135059&lan=fi [accessed 6.11.2012]-
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
-groundwater level: station with 10 sampling tubes, which are sampled twice a month.
-groundwater quality: samples from wells, springs or sampling tubes 2-4 times a year.
-ground frost: frost stations sampled three times every winter month.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Lapland Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment
- Other related projects