The aim of this project is to measure the airborne deposition of acidifying and eutrophicating compounds (gaseous and particulate reduced and oxidised nitrogen and sulphur compounds) in air and precipitation over Sweden at high altitude. The results from this programme is used to calculate and model basic processes governing sources, atmospheric transport and sinks of atmospheric trace constituents.
The observations are made at three stations. The measurements include particulate reduced and oxidised nitrogen and sulphur compounds in gaseous and particulate form in air and precipitation.
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 2002 - 2099
- Data collection
- 2002 - 2008
- Data processing
- 2002 - 2008
- Data reporting
- 2002 - 2008
- Regions studied
- Arctic, Circumpolar
- Stations or areas where observations are made
Stations above the pole circle in AMAP area and close to that: Katterjåkk (X: 7593980; Y: 1596930), Ropparudden (X: 7377000; Y: 1528000), and Skorvfjället (X: 7297880; Y:1465950).
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL), webbsite www.ivl.se. Results are available direcly from database (in Swedish only): http://www.krondroppsnatet.ivl.se/innehall/relateradeprojekt/hoghojd.4.2f3a7b311a7c8064438000825517.html
For more information contact Martin Ferm at IVL, (email@example.com).
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL) webbsite:http://www.krondroppsnatet.ivl.se/innehall/relateradeprojekt/hoghojd.4.2f3a7b311a7c8064438000825517.html;
Swedish EPA website: http://www.naturvardsverket.se/sv/Start/Tillstandet-i-miljon/Miljoovervakning/Rapporter-och-nyhetsbrev/Rapporter--Luft/
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Concentrations of acidifying and eutrophicating compounds in the air are measured with a filterpack method. All analyses are performed at the accredited laboratory at IVL according to EMEPs recommendation.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI)
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?
Swedish EPA, also reporting to European Topic Centre on Air and Climate Change (EIONET)