Archive of all ARCSS funded research data. ARCSS funding originates at the National Science Foundation (NSF).
This is not a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 1997 - 2002
- Data collection
- 1950 - 2000
- Data processing
- 1997 - 2001
- Data reporting
- 1997 - 2002
- Regions studied
- Other areas
- ARCSS data sets can include all (Arctic) areas.
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- The data are currently available on the ARCSS website and in some cases on CD-ROM.
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
- QA/QC Information (what QA/QC procedures are implemented, laboratories involvment in QA/QC activities, model verification/validation routines, etc.)
QA/QC is performed on ingested data prior to being made public.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Joint Office Science Support (JOSS) at UCAR.
- Is this project reporting to other organizations/programmes?
The ARCSS program office at NSF.
- Indigenous AND traditional knowledge used in this project
HARC data will have indigenous knowledge involve in its data sets.
- Other related projects