Analysis of POP and heavy metals, in men and women (pregnant and non-pregnant), time and spatial trends, lifestyle factors, diet and smoking, biomarkers
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 2000 - 2001
- Data collection
- 2000 - 2000
- Data processing
- 2000 - 2001
- Data reporting
- 2001 - 2001
- Regions studied
- Other areas
- Specific focus on Eastern Greeenland
- Stations or areas where observations are made
Angmassalik and Scoresbysund
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
Deutch B, Hansen JC. High human plasma levels of organochlorine compounds in Greenland. Danish Medical Bulletin, vol47,#2, April 2000,
- Data centres
- Human Health TDC
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
- Specimen banking information
Blood samples at -80 C, for 10 years
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
Sampling and analysis are carried out according to protocol described in Human Health Programme 1997-99
- QA/QC Information (what QA/QC procedures are implemented, laboratories involvment in QA/QC activities, model verification/validation routines, etc.)
OA/QC according to Human Health Programme protocol
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Danish Polar Centre