The primary scope of the project is to investigate the long-term time trend of brominated flame retardants for the contamination and possible effects in relation to the contamination of peregrine falcon eggs. The contamination by the conventional POP compounds will also be identified. Totally 36 out of 53 collected eggs will be analysed. Time trend analysis will be performed based on a multi-variant methodology for a period of 18 years. The result will contribute to the assessment of organic pollutant contaminationm in Greenland including the effect on vulnerable wild life.
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 2002 - 2004
- Data collection
- 2002 - 2004
- Data processing
- 2003 - 2004
- Data reporting
- 2004 - 2004
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Sørensen, P.B., Vorkamp, K., Thomsen, M., Falk, K. & Møller, S. 2004: Persistent organic Pollutants (POPs) in the Greenland environment - Long-term temporal changes and effects on eggs of a bird of prey. National Environmental Research Institute. - NERI Technical Report 509: 126 pp. (electronic).
Available at: http://www2.dmu.dk/1_Viden/2_Publikationer/3_Fagra ... orter/FR509.pdf
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Roskilde University Library